Thursday, May 05, 2005

Churches that advertise

Just got a flier in the letterbox advertising a new church that meets on Mondays. I've decided any church that advertises is not one I'd like to be part of! Which does make it difficult finding a church - thankfully I'm already with one (the Sanctuary).

But it did make me think, if churches were as they were supposed to be - that is, more like a family than a business - how would people hear about it if they got spontaneously saved, like Paul on the Damascus Road?

And then I thought look, if God started it, He'll carry it through to completion! He told Paul who to go and see in Damascus, even though the church was in secret back then.

So I do feel quite justified in my prejudice against churches that advertise. Because I've been the one writing the ads in the past!

No comments: